[R] qcc.overdispersion-test

sahin at hsu-hh.de sahin at hsu-hh.de
Fri Apr 1 23:24:48 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I have made an overdispersion test for a data set and get the following result

Overdispersion test Obs.Var/Theor.Var Statistic p-value
        poisson data          16.24267  47444.85       0

after deleting the outliers from the data set I get the following result

Overdispersion test Obs.Var/Theor.Var Statistic p-value
        poisson data          16.27106         0       1

The problem is that the overdispersion parameter does not really
change, but how could the p-value and the statistic change so that the
null hypothesis is accepted??

I would be very grateful if someone could help me?