[R] Creating multiple vector/list names-novice

michalseneca michalseneca at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 16:24:23 CEST 2011

Hi I have very simple issue as I am still new to the group of R

I have basically

vector of names for which i want to create mutliple combinations and then
place them in different vectors. In some other language I can just place a
third dimension to separate list (or matrix) but i do not know how to do it
in R.

My issue is simple I use
cc<-combn(colnames(DD),2)

I would need to have this as

vector1 or like vector[,,1] :           cc<-combn(colnames(DD),2)
vector2or like vector[,,2]              cc<-combn(colnames(DD),3)

etc..for up to k combinations

something so then I can use for loop to go through the al of these
combinations

example:

string<-"a", "b" , "c" ",d"

vector/list(1) ab ac ad bc bd be cd ce de
vector/list  (2) abc abd abe bcd bce bde cde

Can you help me with this.. I know that it is a simple question for this
thread thank you..

Michal