[R] Euclidean Distance in R

Rainer M Krug r.m.krug at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 10:28:53 CEST 2011

On 05/04/11 03:43, Paul Duckett wrote:
> Hi

> 1. I have two raster files *.asc (identical size)

This question is much more appropriate for the r-sig-geo mailing list
(https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-geo), which focusses on
spatial analysis / modelling in R.

I am sure you will get an answer there.

I take the liberty to CC this mail to the list - and I would encourage
you to subscribe to the mailing list.

Cheers,

Rainer

> 2. The data in each contain presence or absence data in each cell
> represented by a 1 or 0 respectively
> 3. I would like to take the location of each 1 (presence cell) in
> raster file 1 and measure the euclidean distance to the nearest 1
> (presence cell) in raster file 2.
>
> Obviously in some cases there will be overlap so the distance will be zero.
>
> 4. I would like the output file to have each individual measurement on
> a seperate line in a single file.
>

> I am very new to R, so any help would be appreciated.
>
> Best regards
> Paul

- --
Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)