[R] Structural equation modeling in R(lavaan,sem)

yrosseel yrosseel at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 16:48:14 CEST 2011

On 04/04/2011 07:14 PM, jouba wrote:

> Thanks you for your response
> For lavaan package can i have more information about this example you have applied in the section 7
> the meanings  of The variables (c1,c2,c3,c4, i ,s ,x1,x2)
> I think i have need more information to learn  more about how  able to apply growth model  in my data (longitudianl data)

In the example, c1-c4 are time-varying covariates, i and s are the
random intercept and slope respectively, and x1 and x2 are two exogenous
covariates influencing the intercept and slope.

Please note: the lavaanIntroduction document is hardly useful to _learn_
about growth models (or any SEM model for that matter). It only explains
how to fit them using the lavaan package. To learn about growth models,
you may want to read any one of the books below:

Latent Curve Models: A Structural Equation Perspective (Wiley Series in
Probability and Statistics) by Kenneth A. Bollen and Patrick J. Curran
(Hardcover - Dec 23, 2005)

Latent Growth Curve Modeling (Quantitative Applications in the Social
Sciences) by Dr. Kristopher J. Preacher, Aaron Lee Wichman, Robert
Charles MacCallum and Dr. Nancy E. Briggs (Paperback - Jun 27, 2008)

An Introduction to Latent Variable Growth Curve Modeling: Concepts,
Issues, and Applications (Quantitative Methodology) (Quantitative
Methodology Series) by Terry E. Duncan, Susan C. Duncan and Lisa A.
Strycker (Paperback - May 23, 2006)

Yves.