[R] grImport/ghostscript problems

Paul Murrell p.murrell at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Apr 5 23:15:24 CEST 2011

Hi

On 5/04/2011 9:30 p.m., guillaume Le Ray wrote:
> Hi Al,
>
> I'm facing exactly the same problem as you are, have you manage to
> fix it? If yes I eager to know the trick.

Al's problem turned out to be a bug in 'grImport', so one thing you can
try is to install the latest version of 'grImport'.

If that still fails, you might be able to get more information about the
problem by looking at the end of the XML file that is created by
PostScriptTrace().  If ghostscript has hit trouble it's error messages
will hopefully be at the end of that XML file.

Paul

> Regards,
>
> Guillaume
>
> 2011/3/27 Al Roark<hrbuilder at hotmail.com>
>
>> Paul Murrell<p.murrell<at>  auckland.ac.nz>  writes:
>>

>>> Hi

-sstdout=vasarely.ps.xml capturevasarely.ps' Your suggestions are

>>> You could try running the ghostscript command that is printed in
>>> the error message at the Windows command prompt to see more info
>>> about the problem (might need to remove the '-q' so that
>>> ghostscript prints messages to the screen).
>>>
>>> Paul
>>>

>> Thanks for your reply.
>>
>> Perhaps this is a Ghostscript problem. When I run the Ghostscript
>> command, I'm met with the rather unhelpful error: 'GPL Ghostscript
>> 9.01: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1 (occurs whether or not I
>> remove the -q)'.
>>
>> Interestingly, if I remove the final argument (in this case,
>> capturevasarely.ps) the Ghostscript command executes, placing a
>> file (appears to be xml) in the temporary directory. However, I'm
>> not sure what to do with this result.

> [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Dr Paul Murrell
Department of Statistics