[R] corSpatial and nlme

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 01:18:11 CEST 2011

Robert Baer <rbaer <at> atsu.edu> writes:

> I noticed that ?corClasses in package nlme does not list corSpatial
>  among the standard classes.  This might
> either be intentional because corSpatial is not "standard" ,
>  or it might be simply an oversight that needs correcting.

  corSpatial is a virtual class: the real classes
derived from it (corGaus, corLin, corSpher, corExp)
are listed.

  I suppose there would be some argument for adding
corSpatial to the "see also" list -- although it is
listed on each of the specific pages for the four
real spatial classes, so you would certainly get there
if you were poking around in the documentation.