[R] set locale information in R

Raji raji.sankaran at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 12:23:04 CEST 2011

Hi Rhelpers,

  Do we need to install some font packages in R for the locale information
to take effect.
Alternatively, i found that we can use the following command for the
messages

Sys.setlocale("LC_MESSAGES","French")

Should this be done for getting error messages in French? The help for
setLocale says that the "LC_MESSAGES" cannot be set for Windows.

Can you please let me know how i can get the error messages in the locale
set?
Please do apologize if i am missing something obvious here.

Thanks,
Raji