[R] R licence

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 14:11:43 CEST 2011

On 07/04/2011 7:47 AM, Matthew Dowle wrote:
> Peter,
>
> If the proprietary part of REvolution's product is ok, then surely
> Stanislav's suggestion is too. No?

Revolution has said that they believe they follow the GPL, and they
haven't been challenged on that.   If you think that they don't, you
could let an R copyright holder know what they're doing that's a license
violation.

My opinion of Stanislav's question is that he doesn't give enough
information to answer.  If he is planning to distribute R as part of his
product, he needs to follow the GPL.  If not, I don't think any R
copyright holder has anything to complain about.

Duncan Murdoch