[R] Where is the tcltk package?

Phil Spector spector at stat.berkeley.edu
Fri Apr 8 03:49:19 CEST 2011

Rolf -
    In order for R to build with tcltk support, the tcl/tk development
packages need to be available when R is configured.  This command

apt-get install tcl8.5-dev tk8.5-dev

will install the necessary development packages, but you'll need to
reconfigure and rebuild R in order to get tcltk support,
                                                  - Phil