[R] How to *completely* stop a script after stop()?

algorimancer clanders at utmb.edu
Fri Apr 8 19:38:57 CEST 2011

Thank you all for the astoundingly quick responses.  I think that the
bounding open/closed braces approach sounds like the easiest solution for
the moment -- though I look forward to seeing this all automated in a future
version of R :)

Incidentally, I have indeed encapsulated much of the code as functions which
I call using source(); the problematic (lengthy) front-end is a decision
tree which tailors a specific analysis to designated files.  This mimics the
switch/case structure which I'm more familiar with in c/c++.  There's a
limit to how much can be neatly moved to a separate file.

Thank you again for your assistance.