[R] Adding margin text to lattice graphics

baptiste auguie baptiste.auguie at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 10 03:45:10 CEST 2011

Hi,

You may want to read about ?viewport in the grid package. They allow
you to position graphical elements wherever you want on a page, such
as lattice plots and text (grid.text). For a high-level interface, you
could try the following,

library(gridExtra)
library(lattice)

p1 = xyplot(1~1)
p2 = levelplot(volcano)
p3 = tableGrob(head(mpg[, 1:3]))
p4 = textGrob("some text")

grid.arrange(p1, p2, p3, p4, main="global page title",
                    sub=p4, left="page y-label")

HTH,
baptiste