[R] Password-protect R script files

Ivan Calandra ivan.calandra at uni-hamburg.de
Mon Apr 11 10:49:12 CEST 2011

On Windows at least, you could set it as "read only". The user can save
an edited copy of it but cannot modify the original script.

Le 4/11/2011 09:36, Petr Savicky a écrit :
> On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 10:48:19PM +0530, Vijayan Padmanabhan wrote:
>> There was a question in R forum very long time back.. on how to protect R
>> Script files from inadvertent editing by users.
>> There is a way to do this  from within R, atleast in Windows XP I have tried
>> this and it certainly works ,
> A possible approach is to put the script into an extension package. This
> does not prevent the user to modify the script, but makes it almost
> impossible to change it inadvertently.
>
> Petr Savicky.

Ivan CALANDRA
PhD Student
University of Hamburg
Biozentrum Grindel und Zoologisches Museum
Abt. Säugetiere
Martin-Luther-King-Platz 3
D-20146 Hamburg, GERMANY
+49(0)40 42838 6231