[R] forest + igraph ?

Viechtbauer Wolfgang (STAT) wolfgang.viechtbauer at maastrichtuniversity.nl
Tue Apr 12 10:12:04 CEST 2011

It is not clear (at least to me) what exactly you want. You want two forest plots "in one graph" but apparently not side-by-side or one on top and the other on the bottom. So, you want to superimpose them? How do you want to do that without creating an illegible mess? Or do you want one graph, where you can scroll through various plots? Then try this:

library(metafor)
data(dat.bcg)

if (interactive()) {
   windows(record=TRUE)
   dat <- escalc(measure="RR", ai=tpos, bi=tneg, ci=cpos, di=cneg, data=dat.bcg)
   forest(dat$yi, dat$vi)
   dat <- escalc(measure="OR", ai=tpos, bi=tneg, ci=cpos, di=cneg, data=dat.bcg)
   forest(dat$yi, dat$vi)
}

and then use PageUp and PageDown to switch between the figures.

(I don't know what OS you are using, so windows() may not work).

Best,

--
Wolfgang Viechtbauer
Department of Psychiatry and Neuropsychology