[R] Fwd: CRAN problem with plyr-1.4.1

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Tue Apr 12 14:18:05 CEST 2011

On 11.04.2011 21:03, Douglas Bates wrote:
> The first thing to do is try another mirror.  The "official" (or as
> official as we ever get about anything) U.S. mirror is
>
> http://cran.us.R-project.org
>
> They tend to be very good about updating.  Presently the source
> package for plyr is at version 1.5 and the binary versions are both at
> 1.4.1

Right, and on CRAN master the update process was running and hence you
got a 440. Or in other words: Please just be a bit patient after a
package was updated, the automated processes may take a day to complete.
You can access the repositories without any problem using
install.packages() and friends.

Uwe Ligges