[R] In svm(), how to connect quantitative prediction result to categorical result?

Saeed Abu Nimeh sabunime at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 16:54:52 CEST 2011

I trained a linear svm and did classification. looking at the model I
have, with a binary response 0/1, the decision values look like this:
head(svm.model$decision.values)
2.5
3.1
-1.0

looking at the fitted values
head(svm.model$fitted)
1
1
0
So it looks like anything less than or equal 0 is mapped to the
negative class, i.e. 0), otherwise it is mapped to the positive class,
i.e. 1.