[R] Bayesian PCA

Christian Hennig chrish at stats.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Apr 12 17:38:00 CEST 2011

Dear Lucy,

not an R-related response at all, but if it's questionnaire data, I'd
probably try to do dimension reduction in a non-automated way by defining
a number of 10 or so meaningful scores that summarise your questions.
Dimension reduction is essentially about how to aggregate
the given information into low-dimensional measurements, which
according to my opinion should be rather driven by the research aim and
meaning of the variables than by the distribution of the data, if at all
possible.
You can then use PCA in order to examine the remaining dimensions

Christian