[R] Using help in Windows version of R with disabled browser

Ranjan Maitra maitra at iastate.edu
Tue Apr 12 19:54:42 CEST 2011

Dear colleagues,

I am trying to get someone to use R on MS Windows with the browser
disabled. My question is how does he/she get to use R-help which goes
off the browser (and correspondingly complains about the inability to
start firefox, etc). In linux, which is what I use, this is not a
problem: what needs to be set in Windows to replicate this behavior?

Sorry if I am not clear: please feel free to ask me for clarifications.

Thanks again for the helpful advice!

Best wishes,
Ranjan