[R] Data with different time lines for one analysis

Oliver oliver at first.in-berlin.de
Wed Apr 13 21:37:12 CEST 2011

Hello

I have one data set that is in the range from 1950 to 2009
with yearly values (one value per year),
and another one from 1959 to 1983 with 364 values,
which means 15 values per year.

Now I want to use both sets in some analysis,
one for example ccf, but also other analyses.

What would you recommend as way to analyze the data?

Should I use the lowest date as t=0 and then use days as base for data
exploration? And later recreate the real date values from that?

I found out that strptime can help me in converting the dates as string into
internal POSIX representation, but I now stcuk with how to go on.

Ciao,
   Oliver