[R] Previously attainable fisher's exact test

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 17:49:22 CEST 2011

On Apr 14, 2011, at 16:55 , Jim Silverton wrote:

> What Ted and Peter did were Fisher's exact test, To get the previous attainable p-value, what you do is  the the fisher exact test p-values of ALL the possible tables with margins fixed and choose the p-value that is just below the one for fisher's exact test of the original table.

Well, you might have said so...

For one-sided tests, just add/subtract matrix(c(1,-1,1,1),2) and recompute. Otherwise, I guess that you get to play with dhyper and phyper because you need to know where the opposite tail starts. Check the internals of fisher.test.

--
Peter Dalgaard
Phone: (+45)38153501
Email: pd.mes at cbs.dk  Priv: PDalgd at gmail.com