[R] Rcpp segmentation faults on the simplest code

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Apr 14 22:25:01 CEST 2011

On 14 April 2011 at 03:56, didu wrote:
| Hi all,
|
| I'm new to R and Rcpp, and I'm trying to learn Rcpp with the simplest code
| possible. My goal is to be able to call R functions from C++.

Just to set the record straight here for purpose of the mailing list archive:
the original poster had a severe misunderstanding of Rcpp (which is used to
extend R with C++ code) and RInside (which is used to embed R in standalone
C++ code).

The four-liner below is nonsensical as posted, yet its authors is now on his
merry way thanks to a discussion on the rcpp-devel list where this should
been posted in the first place.

Dirk