[R] Sweave and Slides (Beamer)

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 07:44:29 CEST 2011

Hello
I sympathise with you, since Beamer can quickly drive one mad.

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 3:11 AM, Brett Presnell <presnell at stat.ufl.edu> wrote:
> So, is this useful to anyone besides me?  What trick(s) am I missing
> that would make it easier/better, or that would obviate altogether the
> need for such manipulations?

Not a solution that would work in all cases, have you tried reducing
the font size? Default Beamer font size is quite generous and leaves
some space for manoeuvring. For example, in my Beamer Sweave
presentations I put this in the preamble:
\AtBeginDocument{
\DefineVerbatimEnvironment{Sinput}{Verbatim} {xleftmargin=2em,fontsize=
\footnotesize}
\DefineVerbatimEnvironment{Soutput}{Verbatim}{xleftmargin=2em,fontsize=
\footnotesize}
\DefineVerbatimEnvironment{Scode}{Verbatim}{xleftmargin=2em,fontsize=
\footnotesize}
}

Regards
Liviu