[R] prediction error in ROCR package when sampled y consists of only one class

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Fri Apr 15 17:37:31 CEST 2011

On 15.04.2011 17:00, Soyeon Kim wrote:
> Dear R users,
>
> Hi. I am using prediction function in ROCR package.
> y consists of two classes 0 and 1.
> However, since I am using cross-validation, a sampled small number of
> y may consist of only one class
>   [1] 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

If this is the output for your y, it is not even a classification task,
since your y is probably numeric rather than a factor.

Hence:
1. make it a factor with the desired number of levels.
2. in this case, the only useful prediction is class "0", hence you can
easily special case and predict the only available class if only one is
present.

Best wishes,
Uwe Ligges