[R] spatstat regression troubles

Gregory Ryslik rsaber at comcast.net
Sat Apr 16 16:17:20 CEST 2011

Hi Mr. Turner,

You are correct that I am confused a bit by the RCode. Basically, I have 3772 observations of data and only about 500 of them correspond to where "people" exist.  For the other observations, I just have the covariate values so I thought that this was appropriate.  Thus, where "people exist" is my spatial point pattern and everywhere else I just have covariate values.

Thank you for your help and suggestions on how to fit the data. I was able to get it to work using the data frame method but I seem to be having difficulty getting the image thing to work.

Basically, at the moment, I have two matrices for Z1 and Z2 which is in the form of (z, x, y) where z is the value, x is the x-coordinate and y-is the y coordinate. Thus the matrix dimension is 3772x3. I've tried converting this to an image but they do a index swap so I'm not quite sure what the correct  way to do it would be? Hopefully, I would get the fit using the image way and see that the fits are consistent.

Thank you again for your help!

Kind regards,
Greg