[R] Rsquared for anova

Dorien Herremans dorien.herremans at ua.ac.be
Sun Apr 17 22:54:37 CEST 2011

Thanks everyone.

Yes Peter, I already added nh1=factor(nh1) to the 'routine'. Mostly,
my collegues are helping me work out the results and they know more
about regression, it has been a while for me...  They just asked if I
could also provide an R2, to see how good the model fits... therefore
the question. I already have the P values for each factor. I tought it
might be a simple command that I overlooked, such as summary(fit) :-)

Mike, I will study what you propose first thing tomorrow morning when
I am back at the office!

Thanks a lot,

Dorien

On 17 April 2011 19:43, Peter Ehlers <ehlers at ucalgary.ca> wrote:
> On 2011-04-17 02:34, Dorien Herremans wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for your remarks. I've been reading about R for the last two days,
>> but I don't really get when I should use lm or aov.
>
> I don't think that reading about R is the answer at this stage.
> It appears to me that you need to learn more about regression.
> There are many good introductory books. If you want to learn
> the R way at the same time, you could look at the books section
> on CRAN. Perhaps Peter Dalgaard's Intro to Stats with R or
> An R Companion to Applied Regression by J. Fox and S. Weisberg,
> or the books by Verzani or Heiberger/Holland.
>
> After that, you'll find that the R documentation is actually
> quite good. Most complaints about R's documentation seem to
> amount to complaints that it doesn't teach statistics. That's
> a good thing.
>
> About your data: I'm fairly sure that several, if not most, of
> your predictors should be factors.
>
> Peter Ehlers
>

>> I have attached the dataset, feel free to take a look at it.
>>
>> So far, running it with alle the combinations did not take too long and
>> there seem to be some effects between the parameters. However, 2x2
>> combinations might suffice.
>>
>> Thanks for any help, or a pointer to some good documentation,
>>
>> Dorien

>>> Peter's point is the important one: too many interactions, and even with
>>> +
>>> instead of * you might be running into problems.
>>>
>>> But anyway: if you don't let us access
>>>

>>> /home/dorien/UA/meta-music/optimuse/optimuse1-build-desktop/results/results_processedCP
>>>
>>> you cannot expect a better answer which will depend on the structure of
>>> the
>>> data set.
>>>
>>> Dieter
>>>

>>> --

Dorien Herremans

Department of Environment, Technology and Technology Management
Faculty of Applied Economics
University of Antwerp

B.513
Prinsstraat 13