[R] Print out data frames into neat images

Santosh Srinivas santosh.srinivas at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 05:46:32 CEST 2011

Hi Group,

I often need to print out data frames with results of analysis into a
neat little image to copy and paste into documents. I need apply
formatting like bold, currency signs, number formats, header shading
etc.
I currently output the data into csv and format using good old excel.

Any suggestions if there are packages to help with such activities (to
some level of basic functionality).
I know that formatting can get quite adhoc but just wondering if there
is anyway to output reasonably standard output.

(I'm borrowing this idea from javascript plugins that can do such
activities in the HTML5 world).

Thanks,
Santosh