[R] From nested loop to mclapply

Alaios alaios at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 18 17:53:43 CEST 2011

Dear all,
I am trying to find a decent way to speed up my code.

So far I have used mclapply with really good results (parallel version of lapply). I have a nested loop that I would like to help me convert it to lapply

for (i in seq(from=-1,to=1-2/ncol(sr),length=ncol(sr))){
	  for (j in seq(from=-1,to=1-2/nrow(sr),length=nrow(sr))){
	    estimatedsr[findCoord(c(i,j),sr)[1],findCoord(c(i,j),sr)[2]  ]<-fxy(c(i,j))
	  }

So far I have converted some one-depth for loops to lapply but I am not sure If I can use lapply to convert a nested loop to something simpler.

Best Regards
Alex