[R] Fayez_how to make the colored panels in lattice xyplot

aziz4 at illinois.edu aziz4 at illinois.edu
Mon Apr 18 19:34:18 CEST 2011

Hi all,

Consider I am want to lattice.xyplot following car's data for different brands and different gas mileages:

car1 Toyota 40
car2 Toyota 38
car3 Honda 39
car4 Honda 32
car5 Honda 35
car6 Honda 32
car7 Mitsubishi 27
car8 Mitsubishi 34
car9 Mitsubishi 33

Now first I want to make three panels for the three brands.

Secondly, for each brand I want to lattice.xyplot cars against the mileage in a scale from say 25 to 45.

Thirdly, I want to color the different ranges of the scale. For instance, scale-range of mileage from 25 to 30 colored light-red, 31 to 35: light orange, 36 to 40: light blue and so on.

Is it possible to do that in R. Specifically the coloring part in the multi-panels.

Best,
Fayez
Grad Student Bioinformatics
UIUC