[R] Applying interpolation within a convex hull

sam.e sam.engwell at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Apr 19 11:23:39 CEST 2011

Thank Rolf,

I am aware of the extrapolation possibilities within the interpolation
packages within akima but this interpolation often leads to unrealistic
results for my sedimentary units. Therefore I would like to be able to just
apply the interpolation to the thickness measurements within the convex hull
of the data with the interpolation taking into account that everywhere
outside of the convex hull the thickness value is zero rather than
increasing again. I would specifically like to apply this to the Tps
function as using this function I can apply weights to my data which I can't
in the akima fucntions.

Thanks again,
Sam