[R] A question regarding RFreak

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Tue Apr 19 14:11:31 CEST 2011

On 18.04.2011 23:41, James Shaw wrote:
> I am using robreg.evol (part of the RFreak package) to fit models via
> least trimmed squares (LTS) regression and am encountering the
> following error message when attempting to access the coefficients:
>
> Error in fit1$coef : $ operator not defined for this S4 class.

Where is the reproducible code that the posting guide asks you to send
with your question?

> It appears to me that robreg.evol is not saving the estimates in a
> form that can be accessed following estimation.  According to
> documentation for RFreak, the function is supposed to return an object
> of class "evolreg" that contains the parameter estimates.

It does, ask R to

str(object)

and you will see that it is an S4 object that contains a slot
coefficients and you can get those by

object at coefficients

the package maintainer of the package may want to provide a coef()
method or something similar.

> I am
> uncertain whether the error I am receiving is related to to the
> version of R being used.  I receive the error message when using R
> version 2.12.1.  When using the latest version of R, i.e., 2.13, I
> receive a Java error message and cannot get RFreak to work at all.

You have not even sent the error message, nor the versions of Java, and
the involved packages.

Uwe Ligges