[R] Axes Alignment Problem for Multiple Plots

mat matthieu.stigler at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 22:58:56 CEST 2011

Ok, I can replicate your problem, with following code:

dat <- 1:10
    barplot(dat, beside=TRUE,ylim=c(0,100));
    par()$usr;
    par(new=T);
    plot(dat, ylim=c(0,100), type="l");
    par()$usr;

So it looks like even if you specify yourself ylim, the resulting
effective ylim (usr[3:4] ) will be different! More surprinsingly,
setting the usr parameter before is not effective:
    par(new=T, usr=c(0,11,0,100));

this will not prevent    par()$usr; to be different than fixed :-(

No idea, but hopefully someone else on the list will be able to provide
advice!

Matthieu