[R] Ranked Boxplot generates an extra category?

Karmatose d.harliwich at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 04:15:30 CEST 2011

Hi folks,

Any time I try to plot my dependent variable as a ranked value against my
predictor, R generates an additional category which precedes my actual
predictors. So if I have Sex as my predictor, my categories are an unnamed
category, M, and F. The unnamed category always has a box with the highest
values, so I thought it was related to outliers, but this happens even when
I switch dependent variables and use ones without outliers.

Any help would be appreciate :-) thanks in advance!
Dean.