[R] Loading a package shared lib works in 2.12 but not 2.11

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Wed Apr 20 10:45:19 CEST 2011

On 13.04.2011 17:32, Von Der Hirschheydt, Juergen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with an external library on a previous R version.
>
> We've created our own package containing a mixture of C++ as well as R
> code which works fine under R 2.12.1. However, trying to install the
> very same package ZIP file on R 2.11.1 will issue an error when loading
> a library:

A zip file is a binary package that has been compiled for an almost
fixed triple (R version, OS, hardware), where OS is Windows in 32-bit,
64-bit or (exclusive) both of them in this case.

Therefore, you have to download a zip that was made for R-2.11.x which
is available from yourCRANmirror/bin/windows/contrib/2.11 or more easily
just via install.packages() that picks uop the correct repository.
Alternatively, install from sources - and read the R Installation and
Administration manual.

Uwe Ligges