[R] How to get R plots with FastRweb

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed Apr 20 17:27:23 CEST 2011

Devi,

FastRWeb doesn't use Java - it is entirely R based so all you need is a web server with either CGI or PHP. The client it uses is either a C++ client (part of FastRWeb in the cgi-bin directory of the installed package - just copy to you server's cgi-bin) or a PHP client (in Rserve/src/client/php/simple.php - simply uncomment process_FastRWeb()). The location of the R scripts it serves is defined by PROJECT_ROOT at the time you compile FastRWeb which is by default /var/FastRWeb so by default foo.png.R would be /var/FastRWeb/web.R/foo.png.R

Clearly, you could use Java to connect to the Rserve serving FastRWeb but it sort of defeats the purpose, because FastRWeb does all the work for you consisting of parsing the request and running the scripts.

If you still have issues, I can point you to a sample configuration including the setup etc. (for a unix server) if that helps.

Cheers,
Simon

PS: please use stats-rosuda-devel mailing list - I'm not monitoring R-help.