[R] override default arguments in nested function

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 04:45:08 CEST 2011

Hi All,

I think I already know the answer, but I am hoping I am missing
something.  I am using function omega from the psych_1.0-96 in R
version 2.13.0.  I would like to override one of the default arguments
of a function that is eventually called (to fix convergence issues),
the problem is there is no argument at the omega() function level that
make it to the function I want to override.  That is,

omega calls schmid calls oblimin calls GPFoblq

and I want to change an argument in GPFoblq.  Right now I am using
(the rather unsatisfactory):

trace(what = GPFoblq, tracer = expression(maxit <- 2000), at = 10,
print = FALSE)

to override the maximum number of iterations, which works but is a
hassle.  Anyone have other ideas/techniques?

Thanks,

Josh

--
Joshua Wiley