[R] 'Structure' compatible between Matlab and R

Alaios alaios at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 21 23:15:17 CEST 2011

Dear all,
I would like to store some data in a such way that I can import and export the data from matlab to R (And vice versa).

I have a matrix of size 512*512 size.
I would like to have 101 of such matrices.
(that is easy so far)

and then I would like to have 35times the 101 matrices.
That means that I want to store the following data 35*101*512*512.

In a normal case that would mean that I have to create a list with lists in R to keep these data.

I would like to be able to exchange this data between matlab and R. Could you please suggest me what would be the most compatible way to create such a 'struct' and how to exchange it between matlab and R?

I would like to thank you in advance for your help and support

Best Regards