[R] writing/appending a text file

PBFrance peter.banton at univmed.fr
Fri Apr 22 14:40:34 CEST 2011

Hello

I'm fairly new to R. I have a script which produces a 1-column vector
(numeric). I can write it to a text file using the write command. What I
want to do is to run the script a number of times on different input files,
producing a different 1-column vector each time and save all the vectors to
a text file so that each vector is one separate column in the text file. I
had thought of appending each new vector as a new column in the unique text
file, but I don't know if this is possible.

At the moment, it looks like I will have to create a separate text file each
time I run the script.