[R] Using Java methods in R

hill0093 hill0093 at umn.edu
Wed Apr 27 19:32:24 CEST 2011

I don't know who to contact in the management of this R-forum,
and there are a few things I cannot figure out.

As I understand it, to participate and learn on the R-forum,
I must receive all the emails even concerning topics I have no
interest in currently. It clogs up my email, takes a long
time to delete, and is hard to be selective enough to not
delete some of my other important email. It is nice to
receive email on my posts and possibly even those others that
I have responded to. Do I understand this correctly?

Another item is that rJava has existed and has been promoted for
a long time, and yet it doesn't seem to work for even some
simple things like getting exactly-rectangular arrays from
Java classes. Of course it could be that I just don't know
how to use it, but people on the forum don't seem to know
either. Maybe the people that know don't use the forum because
of all the email.

Or maybe there are not enough people that are writing rJava.
And I am not talented enough to do so.