[R] bwlpot problems: printing, and tick labels

Philipp Pagel p.pagel at wzw.tum.de
Thu Apr 28 13:03:08 CEST 2011

> A. It produces empty JPEGs. When the 'bwplot' line alone is submitted, the
> plot duly shows up.

See FAQ:

http://cran.r-project.org/doc/FAQ/R-FAQ.html#Why-do-lattice_002ftrellis-graphics-not-work_003f

BTW: don't use jpg for plotting if you can - they routinely look ugly.

> B. When the 'bwplot' line alone is submitted, y labels are values 1 to 6,
> not actual distinct values of y$maxthreads.

That's because maxthreads is not a factor - you can convert it to one.
See below.

> (C. I would, of course, prefer to produce plots for all distinct values of
> x$maxthreads in a single swoop, on a single figure).

That's what I was about to suggest. Don't loop over the tasks - use
the power of lattice. I think this should be close to what you want:

bwplot(factor(maxthreads) ~ time | factor(tasks), x)

cu
	Philipp

--
Dr. Philipp Pagel
Lehrstuhl für Genomorientierte Bioinformatik