[R] Problem loading quantreg

derekverley derekverley at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 00:15:41 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I'm trying to load the quantreg package but keep running into problems no
matter which method I have tried.  Does anybody know what this error (below)
means in plain language and what I might do to get this installed.  I have
not had problems downloading/installing/running packages in the past.

thanks in advance,

derek

Begin R output:

trying URL 'http://cran.stat.ucla.edu/src/contrib/quantreg_4.65.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-tar' length 2366176 bytes (2.3 Mb)
opened URL
downloaded 2.3 Mb

* installing *source* package ‘quantreg’ ...
** libs
*** arch - i386
gfortran -arch i386   -fPIC  -g -O2 -c akj.f -o akj.o
make: gfortran: No such file or directory
make: *** [akj.o] Error 1
ERROR: compilation failed for package ‘quantreg’
* removing
‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.12/Resources/library/quantreg’

The downloaded packages are in

‘/private/var/folders/4m/4mHSx7JtHL88Cl-gi19+Zk+++TI/-Tmp-/RtmpApfBjX/downloaded_packages’