[R] Change the text size of the title in a legend of a R plot.

Remko Duursma remkoduursma at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 07:59:37 CEST 2011

Hi Victor,

looking at the code for legend, it looks like the same 'cex' value is
used for the text in the legend as the title.

Here is a trick though: draw the legend twice, with different cex
values, and omitting title or text:

plot(1)
legend("topright",c("a","b"),title=" ")
legend("topright",c(" "," "),title="Legend",cex=0.6, bty='n', title.adj=0.15)

A bit of a hack but it works....
If you want the title larger, it will probably not fit the box, which
you can omit by setting bty='n' (as in the second line).

good luck,

Remko

Remko Duursma
Research Lecturer