[R] The bin/R file - hardcoded paths

Saptarshi Guha saptarshi.guha at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 19:42:19 CEST 2011

Hello,

I notice that e.g /home/sguha/lib64 is hard coded into the /bin/R file .
I nstalled R as ./configure --prefix=$HOME ...

What i need to do is ship the entire R distribution to remote nodes,
and run R. These are shipped to ephemeral directories
so I dont know the path ahead of time.

R_HOME doesn't change things either.

So i guess one cant run R on a system unless it's been installed?

1. I can't install R on the compute nodes using ./configure ....
2. All nodes do have the same architecture
3. I would like to stick to the 'shipping' approach.

Thanks
Saptarshi