[R] Clean up a scatterplot with too much data

DimmestLemming NICOADAMS000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 2 07:26:55 CEST 2011

I'm working with a lot of data right now, but I'm new to R, and not very good
with it, hence my request for help. What type of graph could I use to
straighten out things like...

http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n3711389/Untitled.png

...this?

I want to see general frequencies. Should I use something like a 3D
histogram, or is there an easier way like, say, shading? I'm sure these are
both possible, but I don't know which is easiest or how to implement either
of them.

Thanks!