[R] R.app installer probs on Snow Leopard

Walter Ludwick wludwick at mac.com
Thu Aug 4 13:45:09 CEST 2011

Thanks, Peter and David, for the pointers -and my apologies to the list for posting to the wrong place; i will in future use the SIG-Mac list for such things.

To the problem: Yes, i did indeed make that fundamental error of taking the R.app GUI package to be all i needed to run the program.  I gathered this, and downloaded all versions of that package from http://r.research.att.com/  (which is obviously no "official" download page, tho i took it as such, linked as it was from www.r-project.org at a high level).

So now: i did a plain install of the R-2.13.1 package using link that Peter provided below, and that seems to be working just fine. Thanks again, Peter!   /w