[R] Loop: noob question

UnitRoot akhussanov at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 17:35:24 CEST 2011

Hi,
Can someone help me out to create a (for?) loop for the following procedure:

x=rnorm(250,0,0.02)
library(timeSeries)
x=timeSeries(x)
P=1000
loss=-P*x
loss
v95=quantile(loss,0.95)
v95

I would like to generate 100 000 v95 values.
Also, can anybody name a source where I could read up basic programming in
R?
Thank you.