[R] Matlab to R

Paul Hiemstra paul.hiemstra at knmi.nl
Tue Aug 9 09:19:02 CEST 2011

 On 08/09/2011 04:39 AM, Annabel wrote:
> I am trying to convert a matlab code to R.
> Most of the conversion statements are simple, but problem is with return.
>
> Since it's a recursive function it's a bit complicated. Anyway in matlab
> we can have return statment like
>
> [price, notional] = functionname()
>
> and also for the same function...
>
> notional(1) = functionname()
>
> how to do this in R? i have tried using data frame but still getting errors!
> Yes the functioname() function is recursive...but am guessing it shouldn't
> matter.

In what way have you tried using data.frames? Without "commented,
minimal, self-contained, reproducible code" we are left guessing why you
are not succeeding. In stead of using a data.frame to return multiple
arguments, I would use a list. A short trvial example:

foo = function() {
    return(list(foo = "bar", spam = 1, ham = c(1,2,3,4)))
}

dum = foo()
dum
dum[[1]]