[R] Correlation Matrix - p value?

ScottM scott.mcgrane at abdn.ac.uk
Tue Aug 9 14:44:12 CEST 2011

Hello all,

I've run a Spearman's Rank test to discern relationships between landscape
characteristics and a specific aspect of river behaviour.

I've executed a correlation matrix between the one dependent variable and
all of the predictors, which gives me a nice output of Spearman's Rho
values.

However, I also need to somehow find the "p" value, to assess the strength
of relationship.

Conducting a simple correlation between 2 variables using the:

cor(var1, var2, method="spearman")

command gives me an output with both the Rho and P value, but the default
output of the matrix is simply the Rho value.  I've tried using
summary(result), but it just produces the percentile/max/min values.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

S.