[R] instal tar.gz package on windows

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 18:46:04 CEST 2011

On 10/08/2011 11:59 AM, Lippel, Anna wrote:
> Hi Duncan,
>
> I have tried to install a tar.gz package following your instructions (https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2008-August/169599.html) but without success. Here are the steps I followed:
>
> I installed the last version of Rtools and ran Rcmd INSTALL rJava_0.8-8.tar.gz and got the error message attach in errorLog.txt. It seems that there is a problem with JRI but I´m really stuck. Do you have any idea of what it could be?

The important error message is:

make[1]: C:/PROGRA~1/Java/JRE16~1.0_1/bin/javac: Command not found
make[1]: *** [org/rosuda/JRI/Rengine.class] Error 127

So you don't have the Java compiler, or don't have it where that package
was looking for it.  But I don't know why you wouldn't just install the
binary version; why do you want to compile it yourself?

Duncan Murdoch