[R] matrix correlations with different packages

Bókony Veronika vbokony at enternet.hu
Thu Aug 11 08:55:38 CEST 2011

Dear all,

I'm calculating matrix correlations with permutation tests and I got this
funny result.  All correlation coefficients are the same with mantel.test
{ncf} and pcol {simba} but the two functions yield dramatically different
p-values (using the same number of permutations). Could anyone please
enlighten me what is causing the difference and which result I can trust?
(My matrices are not hdist objects so please don't recommend using
mantel.rtest {ade4} instead :)

Thanks a lot!

Veronika Bókony PhD
Dept. of Limnology