[R] Capture R-Console Output to Excel with RExcel

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Aug 11 17:23:28 CEST 2011

On Aug 11, 2011, at 7:46 AM, Meier Dario wrote:

> Hello All
>
> I've just started to use RExcel instead of CMD Batches. But I don't
> get
> the console output to an data.frame and push to Excel.
>
> With the CMD batch you got the console out relatively easy with
>
> C:\LocalData\R\bin\R CMD BATCH --slave %rscript% %logfile%
>
> to a file. But how can I get it to Excel with RExcel an VBA?

I am guessing that either sink()  or capture.output() with the
"clipboard" as the destination file should work. It's just a character
stream, right? Cannot test since I'm on a different OS. You will
undoubtedly need to process further, perhaps with the "import text to
columns" using the fixed-width format panel since console output will
not be tab delimited.

(There is also an RExcel Mailing list, although this doesn't really
seem like the issues involved depend on RExcel.)

--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT