[R] improve formatting of HTML table

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Aug 11 18:25:26 CEST 2011

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 5:04 PM, Juliet Hannah <juliet.hannah at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to improve the look of an HTML table for a report (that
> needs to be pasted into Word).

> In the output, I would like to improve the justification of the
> numbers (or any other suggestion to make
> the HTML look nicer). The columns are a little hard to read.

 Its not really the HTML's job to look nice, HTML is (supposed to be)
purely semantic. Here is a table, here is a row, here is a cell with
some stuff in it.

 To make a web page look nice you write an accompanying CSS file that
styles the HTML - blue background, purple text and so on. But you want
to paste into Word.

 I pasted it into OpenOffice (not got Word) and could easily style it
from there - highlight the column, set left-justification and so on.
Word should be similar. If you love Word for its wysiwyg behaviour, I
suggest you do that.

Barry